Student: Nick Carter.
Me: Whose ashes are located in a lake in California? A. Gandhi, B. Martin Luther King, Jr. C. Abraham Lincoln or D. Marilyn Monroe?
Same student: Marilyn Manson.
Well, it looks like my teaching career is over (at least for the moment - I have no idea what I'll be doing in 3 years...). I really, really enjoyed myself and I think, most of the time, the students did too! But I thought it would be interesting to highlight some of the lessons I taught, for old time's sake. These are the ones that I enjoyed and/or I thought the students liked. I may be completely wrong about that.
- Native Americans and whaling in the Makah tribe
- American government system
- Seattle (especially tourism in Seattle)
- Fun facts about America (followed by fun facts about Austria, which I loooved)
- Debates on nuclear energy
- Nutrition aka Americans aren't all fat
- Slang/Rap music in America
- Jobs/Job interviews (someday knowing how to interview for a garbage man position could come in handy, right?)
And what about some that did not go so well?
- Facebook (tried to create a wall-to-wall... it was weird)
- Diner Talk! (Adam and Eve = spare ribs,etc)
- Political parties in America (if it's not Obama, they don't care.)